• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Questions on Pancreatitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trippingballz

Bluelighter
Hello anyone reading,
this is my first post here. I had a few questions about some health concerns I have had lately and maybe someone can help.

About 3 weeks ago, I got pretty sick. Went into the doctors where they told me I had strep throat. I got a penicillen shot in my butt and about 4 days after I was feeling better. Then I got sick again, went back to the doctors where they told me I had the flu and to just take mucinex.

About 4 days after this, I started feeling some pain in my lower right hand side of my stomach, that goes from about under my hip to my belly button. I went into the emergency room thinking it was my appendix; they did a CT scan on my stomach and said everything looked fine but when they did blood work they said my pancrease numbers were really high. They had me stay in the hospital for about a day and a half getting fluids from the IV. They let me out of the hospital and gave me Norcos for my pain. Its been less than a week since I have been out. All they have been able to tell me is that I have pancreaititis but were unsure what is the cause of it.

My stomach is still hurting and I went to my primary care doctor who told me to come back in 2 weeks and get some more blood work done to see if my numbers are all right. He wasnt too helpful on anything else really. He also told me to stop taking the Norcos, which I have, because it puts stress on my pancrease he said.

Basically I have been a weed smoker for about 9 years. The last 6 years I have been a heavy weed smoker. I am reluctant on telling my primary dr. about this just because i think normal doctors will just dismiss everything going on and blame it on that. I get medical marijuana, and smoke it, and eat it. The past 3 years i have been smoking hash on a regular basis as well. I do occasionaly do E, but the average is about once every 2-3 months. I rarely drink alcohol and rarely smoke ciggarettes as well. I did do coke a few times last year also but have stopped that.

Since they told me I have pancreatitis, I have stopped smoking hash and eating edibles. I also have stopped smoking weed but I still do vaporize weed here and there with the volcano.

My question is, do you think that smoking weed for as long as I have be the cause of my pancreatitis? I do use marijuana for back pain from my scoliosis and I am vapoing for the pain in my lower stomach.

Also my dad last year (whos 55, im 25) had a lot of pancrease trouble and almost died. He had to get some surgeries done but he made it. Could the pacreatitis be from genetics?

Also, I have taken myself off the mucinex since I have been feeling better. I have been coughing up a lot of green and yellow phlegm for 4 weeks, and earlier today in some of the flem was real tiny specks of red blood.

Do I really need to quit using the vaporizer as well? Or do you think that the specks of blood are just from being sick for about 4 weeks while coughing stuff up?

Anyways any information is really appreciated. I have come to the conclusion that I will not be smoking again and only using a vaporizer from this point on. Hopefully i wont have to stop the vapo because it really does help with my back pain and my stomach pain now. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.